question on products

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Silverton

question on products

Post by Silverton »

I am new to your company and ordered a set of coin inverters. I want to connect them to white electronicwirefor purposes of mounting the wire to the inside of a miniature scale railroad passenger car. The inverter is small enough to mount, but I just want to know what other products to order so I can attach white E wire to match the cable end on the inverter. Can the cable be cut to specific dimensions. In my application, about a 4 inch length would be perfect. I know these are basic questions, but this product could be applicable to a large number of hobby adaptations amongst model railroaders everywhere. Please help. Thanks, Val Strobel

adafruit_support_bill

Re: question on products

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

That is a 2-pin JST connector. It will mate with this: https://www.adafruit.com/products/319

Not sure what scale you are working in. But connectors can be bulky in tight spaces. If you do not need it to be detachable from the inverter, you could always cut off the connector and solder the inverter wires directly to the EL wire.

Silverton

Re: question on products

Post by Silverton »

Thank you very much!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”