Sound reactive led gemma set up not working

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Sshpongled

Sound reactive led gemma set up not working

Post by Sshpongled »

Hi there

I recently purchased everything I would need to set up an led strip to react to sound as shown in the LED drum set mod video.
I followed the instructions but so far Ive seen nothing from the led lights.
Am I right in assuming that they should light up once the circuit is connected and then I should be able to program the gemma chip to get more interesting patterns?

Here is a picture of my set up, can you please confirm that this is the correct way to link it all together
DSC02802.JPG
DSC02802.JPG (195.99 KiB) Viewed 257 times

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Sound reactive led gemma set up not working

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Sshpongled wrote:Am I right in assuming that they should light up once the circuit is connected and then I should be able to program the gemma chip to get more interesting patterns?
The lights won't do anything without a program. Try loading the LED drum set code.

Sshpongled

Post by Sshpongled »

Ive managed to finally get it working.

However, in my exitement i decided to try and edit the coding by changing the number of leds in the loop from 60 to 237 as is the number in my set, which didnt work and has now resulted in the red light not appearing at all on the gemma and so i cant reupload the original drum code.

Any ideas?

adafruit_support_rick

You've probably overwritten the bootloader. If you have an Arduino Uno, you can follow this procedure to reload the Gemma bootloader:

https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... bootloader

Sshpongled

Post by Sshpongled »

Seeing as i needed to order some more items from the store, I thought it would make more sense to simply buy another gemma and rewire the system rather than spending more on the uno.

However when I linked it up to my computer and tried to upload the coding it gave me and error message and the same problem occurred with overwriting the bootloader and the red light not flashing. Ive done nothing to the original code (copied from the sound reactive drum kit tutorial page) and so I have no clue as to why, if at all, it has been overwritten

Cheers

adafruit_support_rick

What error are you getting?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”