NeoPixel Ring Malfunctioning

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
andruk

NeoPixel Ring Malfunctioning

Post by andruk »

Hello, I have been having a problem with my Neopixel rings. I am trying to build the Neopixel ring Goggles following the tutorial they have on the learn part, but I've noticed that one of my rings has two LEDs that are dim at any one time. The actual LEDs that are dim constantly change every few seconds so I know that they all work in theory, but it seems like they will not all light at once.

Additionally, even though I have a wire from the data out port on the first Neopixel ring going to the data input on the second ring, the second ring lights up a few LEDs but does not respond as the first ring does.

I've triple checked the my wiring matches the diagram on the tutorial exactly (I am using an external 3xAA battery pack).

Is this hardware malfunctioning or defective?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: NeoPixel Ring Malfunctioning

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Please post photos showing all your soldering and connections and we'll take a look.

davidl13

Re: NeoPixel Ring Malfunctioning

Post by davidl13 »

andruk wrote:Hello, I have been having a problem with my Neopixel rings.
... one of my rings has two LEDs that are dim at any one time. The actual LEDs that are dim constantly change every few seconds so I know that they all work in theory, but it seems like they will not all light at once.

Additionally, even though I have a wire from the data out port on the first Neopixel ring going to the data input on the second ring, the second ring lights up a few LEDs but does not respond as the first ring does.

I've triple checked the my wiring matches the diagram on the tutorial exactly (I am using an external 3xAA battery pack).
Check your voltage and current draw.

What are you using to drive these?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”