Programming software

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Warwick8

Programming software

Post by Warwick8 »

I'm am learning to program ws2812 5 volts lights. I m. Looking at all available programming systems out there
There the arduino based system
Then there's the T-1000b lededit 2012-2013-2014 software
There's the glediator java based system
I have also found on EBay pre-program controllers that are o.k but they don't allow any control over color pallets or hue which I want.
I have made a 612 light matrix board which I would like to run different patterns.
But I'm also making two wearable art pieces using the same type of lights I would like to be able to slop out a controller between the three pieces just to keep it simple any suggestion?

SeiRruf

Re: Programming software

Post by SeiRruf »

Hello Warwick!
Please give me a moment to fully understand what you are desiring.
You said you were wanting software to program Neopixels (WS2811/12/B) LEDs, correct?

There are a few programs out there, including VixenLights that with the correct controllers, can help assist you in creating visual patterns for your lights. I have not played with choreographing and NeoPixels myself, yet. I normally code the patterns I desire in hard code (which there are several code samples for in the Adafruit Learning System, including this 1,500+ pixel display made possible with FadeCandy and the Raspberry Pi, or this NeoPixel hat matrix, made possible with a simple arudino).

614 pixels is quite a bit, but you should be able to run these off of an Arduino Pro Trinket if you aren't expecting a super fast framerate (that would use 1,842kb of the 2,000kb available ram, so animations would be a bit slow). That would be both portable, and convenient. This Guide on NeoPixels might find you well, or this hat, using their NeoPixel Matrix library.

We're all learning along the way :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”