Problems with the LEDBackpack

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
flyinactor91

Problems with the LEDBackpack

Post by flyinactor91 »

I haven't used the LEDBackpack for a while and setup the 7segment test file that came with the library. I was getting compile errors, so I thought I must have updated something else. I updated the LEDBackpack and GFX libraries and still got the errors. Finally I downloaded a new Arduino IDE (Linux x32 from the ProTrinket tutorial page) and the GitHub libraries. Still the same compile errors. I'm running the IDE as root and intend to upload to a ProTrinket, but neither of these are directly related to the errors (shown below). I tried commenting out the violating function calls in the .cpp only to have unrelated errors pop up from Robot_Control/Sensors.cpp

/home/michael/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_LEDBackpack/Adafruit_LEDBackpack.cpp: In constructor ‘Adafruit_8x16matrix::Adafruit_8x16matrix()’:
/home/michael/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_LEDBackpack/Adafruit_LEDBackpack.cpp:298: error: no matching function for call to ‘Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(int, int)’
/home/michael/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Robot_Control/Adafruit_GFX.h:41: note: candidates are: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(const Adafruit_GFX&)
/home/michael/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Robot_Control/Adafruit_GFX.h:41: note: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX()
/home/michael/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_LEDBackpack/Adafruit_LEDBackpack.cpp: In constructor ‘Adafruit_8x8matrix::Adafruit_8x8matrix()’:
/home/michael/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_LEDBackpack/Adafruit_LEDBackpack.cpp:336: error: no matching function for call to ‘Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(int, int)’
/home/michael/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Robot_Control/Adafruit_GFX.h:41: note: candidates are: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(const Adafruit_GFX&)
/home/michael/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Robot_Control/Adafruit_GFX.h:41: note: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX()
/home/michael/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_LEDBackpack/Adafruit_LEDBackpack.cpp: In constructor ‘Adafruit_BicolorMatrix::Adafruit_BicolorMatrix()’:
/home/michael/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_LEDBackpack/Adafruit_LEDBackpack.cpp:373: error: no matching function for call to ‘Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(int, int)’

Franklin97355

Re: Problems with the LEDBackpack

Post by Franklin97355 »

/home/michael/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Robot_Control/Adafruit_GFX.h
Version 1.0.5 came with a library for robot control but the way Arduino parses libraries it gets chosen instead of the Adafruit library. Best way to fix it is to go to the Arduino program folder then libraries and delete the robot control library. Don't rename it because that does not work.

flyinactor91

Re: Problems with the LEDBackpack

Post by flyinactor91 »

Odd but it worked.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”