THESIS: The Makers movement and 3D printing technologies - The Next Industrial Revolution

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Regents1

THESIS: The Makers movement and 3D printing technologies - The Next Industrial Revolution

Post by Regents1 »

Dear Mr. Fried,

I am a Master student at Copenhagen Business School, and together with another student, who I met while studying for a semester at Columbia University, we are in the process of writing our Master Thesis on 3D printers. Our thesis will be focusing on the Makers Movement, and on the next industrial revolution which will be enabled by the introduction on the market of 3D printers. Specifically, our investigation aims at understanding and predicting how the relationships between producers and consumers will evolve once the 3D printers will be present in every home.
We are also interested in analysing how this innovation was born, how it evolved and how its diffusion is possible thanks to online communities. To do so, we are tracing the map of this huge network, and while describing the actors that are taking part in it, our researches showed that you are a crucial spokesperson for the spreading of the 3D printers.

Therefore, we would like to have an interview with you in order to get deeper information on the subject and to hear your point of view. Let us know if it is possible to have a brief interview on Skype, or if we could send you a few written questions to answer. My email is [email protected].

We hope you are interested in our project.

Best regards,

B.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”