Educational Purchase Orders and stuffs

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AmazingSpanoMan

Educational Purchase Orders and stuffs

Post by AmazingSpanoMan »

Hi there. Adafruit is a great, "One-Stop-Shop", for everything I need for a new industrial design and engineering middle school class I'm writing curriculum for next school year. I can't seem to find any information about purchasing for education. Unfortunately, my school district and many around me have very strict requirements before a purchase order can be approved and placed.

How can I get someone at adafruit to fill out a free form so that we can get the company approved on our vendors list. This is the only way a PO will be processed as the Business office will not approve anything in our system unless they have been approved by the BOE. It take a couple minutes and cost nothing. I don't care about discounts just need to be able to purchase. Otherwise I have to go through Radio Shack which doesn't have as big a library of parts etc. that can be purchased.

Thanks!

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Educational Purchase Orders and stuffs

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Hi - Please email your request to [email protected]. They'll take care of it.

AmazingSpanoMan

adafruit_support_rick wrote:Hi - Please email your request to [email protected]. They'll take care of it.
Will do. Thanks!

AmazingSpanoMan

Do you guys only sell to schools in New York? I can't create a Purchase Order unless the BOE approves for our vendor list which requires registration in NJ (its free and takes minutes). I contacted the email above and, initially, the information was very promising. Unfortunately, we were told you weren't willing to take a couple minutes and fill out the required paperwork. It really is a shame I was hoping I could use Adafruit for my class. :(

Note: Since when is J-E-R-S-E-Y a spam word? for example "New J-E-R-S-E-Y"...

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

thanks for the post, the requested registration may have something we cannot agree to/provide. we'll review this again, feel free to contact [email protected]

thank you,
adafruit support

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”