Input on the right board

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kenise

Input on the right board

Post by kenise »

I have started learning about Arduino, buying a number of boards and really enjoy the process. As I look at the Beaglebone, Raspberry Pi, etc, I see the possibility of using this small platform to carry curricula. I have been developing Special Education curricula over the past decade, and have the idea of placing everything I've developed onto a board for a student to use independently. My thought was to have a Linux operating system preloaded with all the curricula, PDFs, html, videos, etc. The student would simply have a plug and play access to all the resources on the board. I would like some feedback from users if the platforms could support this idea. I have the very little knowledge in this area and looking to learn.

If this is feasible I would prototype for beta within 1 month and demo in October.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Input on the right board

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

That could work. However, the R Pi does not come with keyboard, mouse, or display. You or the student would have to somehow provide those as well.

kenise

Post by kenise »

Yes, the idea would be a complete package that would be plug and play. All need items for use, except to the monitor. I make the assumption that everyone has access to a TV. I did notice the RCA on the Raspberry Pi for older TVs.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

OK. Sounds like a good plan.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”