Grant Assistance

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mrpscarver

Grant Assistance

Post by mrpscarver »

I am in the process of writing a grant for my classroom. It is a MakerSpace classroom at the middle school level. I'm looking specifically into wearable technology like the gemma and neopixels. What are some good basic start-up packages for this level of students?

Franklin97355

Re: Grant Assistance

Post by Franklin97355 »

What are some good basic start-up packages for this level of students?
What will you be trying to teach them? Do you have a lesson plan or at least a basic outline? Let us know and perhaps we can recommend some hardware.

mrpscarver

Re: Grant Assistance

Post by mrpscarver »

Since my class is designed around the student, their interests, and the projects they create it is hard to develop lesson plans. The basic outline of what I'm looking to do is to provide students the opportunity to combine skill sets in order to extrapolate and combine what they know to develop products. We had a visitor who was using your products to create projects. He showed us the hat with flora and neopixls. http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2014/06/11 ... wednesday/ and a few other products. Sorry I'm not more specific, but that's the nature of the class. It's student centered to provide them the best resources possible to encourage innovation and enrichment.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”