Win7 x64 configuration
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Win7 x64 configuration

by LeZappy on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:03 am

FYI, configuring a win7 x64 system to access the beaglebone via usb isn't exactly straightforward, and causes some headscratching. From the ladyada.net "Installing Drivers" tutorial:
  • The page links to 32-bit drivers only. 64-bit drivers are available from beaglebone's "BeagleBone README Quick-Start Guide" (but that page is also sadly incomplete, like the ladyada page).
  • The drivers only enable accessing the SD card on my version A5 beaglebone. COM ports are still not found. I'm guessing that the drivers only contain support for the TI XDS100v2 serial interface, which is present on older board versions. My version A5 seems to have a FT2232C interface. Going to the FTDI website and downloading the virtual com port drivers made everything work for me.
LeZappy

Re: Win7 x64 configuration

by Physineer on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Hello,

First Post

I am having the same trouble. Are the FTDI VCP drivers going to facilitate the use of the JTAG emulator?
Physineer

Re: Win7 x64 configuration

by amdrake on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:34 pm

To be more specific, the page "http://beagleboard.org/static/beaglebone/latest/README.htm" has a link to download BONE_D64.exe, the 64-bit Windows driver, as opposed to BONE_DRV.exe, which is the 32-bit Windows version. Using my A6 version board, I was able to follow Lady Ada's tutorial on my Win7 x64 box to make the USB and Ethernet connections, confirming access to the Angstrom Linux operating system, which was a thrill. I stopped there because I don't have the wireless dongle yet. (For a terminal program, I copied Hyperterm from an old Win XP box to my Win7, which worked fine.) I don't yet know what other support is or is not in those drivers.
amdrake