No USB host?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
marburg

No USB host?

Post by marburg »

Just unpacked my minty-fresh Beaglebone. Things seemed to be going well (usb console, usb g_disk_storage and g_ether, ethernet), but it won't recognize USB devices on the A/Host port -- an Adafruit 802.11n network adaptor, a thumb drive and a couple of HID devices. All plugged in directly, all while on a 2A DC adaptor. Basically there's no activity (no dmesg, nothing on lsusb -v).

Won't have a powered hub handy until I raid my office come Monday, that seems like the obvious next thing to try.

This is after following the instructions from http://learn.adafruit.com/beaglebone/wifi, on kernel 3.2.25-r15a+gitr720e...... brought in by the opkg upgrade.

So, a bit stumped. Any obvious place to start on debugging?

adafruit

Re: No USB host?

Post by adafruit »

you might want to check the beaglebone forums - this is a new one we've never heard before!

marburg

Re: No USB host?

Post by marburg »

Hm, I've made the ghost in the machine disappear through some combination of a hard power cycle, replugging the power adaptor, being a bit more careful about starting on the DC adaptor (I know, shouldn't make any difference) and general futzing it's all started working. Mysterious.

But, sadly, one of the two wifi adaptors has stopped working. Will have a bit more of a play with that ....

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”