BBB Bicked

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mikehankey

BBB Bicked

Post by mikehankey »

I've had my BBB just a few days and it is bricked. The power light comes on but the user lights don't light.

Here's some background;

Running Windows 7 64-bit

Everything was working fine and I could mount and use the uSD card without problem.
So I went to do a backup to the uSD card and I'm thinking I went the wrong way with the backup...new to Linux.
So after that when I plugged the BBB in I could see the BeagleBoone in the file explorer but I could no longer ssh to the device using Putty.
So I created a eMMC flasher on a uSD card and tried to flash without success. I hold the boot button down, apply power and power light comes on but no user lights.
I've tried with 2 uSD cards and downloaded the image several times to be sure I had a good one.
I am using SD Formatter to format the SD card, but have also used the HP USB Disk Storage Format utility. When I formatted them in my SD Card reader I could see the files that where put there using the Win32DiskImager.
So after trying many operations the user lights no longer come on at all so I'm thinking it's real bricked.

Is there anything I can do to unbrick this thing?

tim mcpherson

Re: BBB Bicked

Post by tim mcpherson »

Does it do the same thing without the sD card inserted?

mikehankey

Re: BBB Bicked

Post by mikehankey »

When no SD card is installed the power light comes on but no user lights, all 3 off!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”