Back Order Of Beagle Bone Black rev C

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ireland94

Back Order Of Beagle Bone Black rev C

Post by ireland94 »

This will teach me to read my emails.
You got some rev C boards in but I did not read my email sent Monday.
Now it is Wednesday, and you are out.
So I re-registered to be notified again when the board is once again available.
Hopefully, I will be more attentive to my email.
I look forward to you next restock.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Back Order Of Beagle Bone Black rev C

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Yeah - they go fast. Very short supply.

v8dave

Post by v8dave »

These things are like hens teeth and almost impossible to get hold of. 2 or 3 would be handy but I can't even order 1. :(

The second issue I find is that when I do find someone with them, they have export restrictions on them and can't ship to the country I currently live in without some paperwork that takes weeks to be signed off.

tawpgk

Post by tawpgk »

Not that I want to take business away from LadyAda because I do all my shopping here when I can..And for me lately it has been considerable.
AnywAy, if you are really hard up and need to get one (or more - they let me order two) There is a place in a state with multiple time zones that had them in stock.. Actually, I just noticed they are wanting to limit to one now ,but they are most certainly in stock as of 7:45EST 6/4/2014

So do a little digging...it wasnt to hard to find. Especially with my clue.

Cheers!

Hope you are not mad LadyAda...you are a hero of mine..a worn-out progammer who started programing in the early '70s. You Rock!

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

If we're sold out of what you need and some other supplier has it, jump on it! Doesn't hurt our feelings in the slightest. ;-)

We aren't interested in being the only source for hardware people need. We're allergic to artificial monopolies. We want people to do business with us because they like doing business with us, which is harder in some ways, but more fun. It keeps our focus away from stuff we don't like (IP litigation) and on stuff we do like (R&D, quality, support, and education).

tawpgk

Post by tawpgk »

Thanks, Mike!

Then to be as not so cryptic - - A great guy, Bill Mar at Special Computing in AZ, should still have the BBB in stock. He now wants to limit them to one per purchaser, but if you have a valid need for a project that requires one or two more, you can speak to him and see if he can help you out. He just wants to avoid people flipping the boards on ebay or elsewhere..

Ok, I just double-checked on his site and apparently he has raised the price to $70 and dropped the limit. Oh well, I guess I got lucky at getting them at $55. Sorry. If you really need them and cant wait for Adafruit, they are out there.

Happy Hacking!

-Tom

DavidTangye

Post by DavidTangye »

I have missed out on a BBB 3 times now. My email advice was actually posted to me 12 hrs ago, but every time it comes I am offline a few hours. Any idea when you will get enough in to last more than 5 minutes??

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

From what I understand, Circuitco has started a new round of production that should put more devices in the pipeline, but we don't have any information about the timing.

In general terms, it's one of those "cursed with success" bootstrapping problems: you have to sell the first hundred thousand so you can afford to contract production of the next quarter million. Expanding production capacity is a multimillion-dollar bet, and while it's frustrating to lose sales because of production constraints, it's a lot less painful than being stuck with a warehouse full of product that wasn't as popular as expected.

roborich

Post by roborich »

I guess i was wondering about this also. What's the delay between getting an email notification and when an item is available for purchase? I received the email notice at around 2:00PM. when I checked at 9:00PM the BBB was still showing as not in stock. I thought I had missed out also. When I checked after lunch the next day it was posted for sale!!! So I jumped on it. But it got me wondering, is there normally a 24 hour lag time between email notification and sale post, or was that just something out of the ordinary?

Regards

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Hi!

Thank you for the note! Due to high demand, between the time that you were notified and now, the item has gone out of stock. The product page has an estimate of when you can expect it to be in stock again. If you want to stay informed, please sign up on the product page to be notified via email when the product is available again. Because we value your privacy, we will not store e-mail addresses after we send the notification.

Thank you,
Adafruit support and product team

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Actually, you got lucky. We just happened to get them in stock two days in a row!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”