BONE_D64.exe file erased by Windows security.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Teleman070

BONE_D64.exe file erased by Windows security.

Post by Teleman070 »

I plugged in my new Beablebone Black Rev3 and started the initial start-up. But when I went to install the Win64 drivers Windows security said it was unsafe and erased
the file from the BBB. Now it is gone and nowhere to be found. When I try to install the drivers again it says file: "Windows/BONE_D64.exe" does not exist.

What in the world do I do now ???

I had already successfully used this BBB on my other Windows XP machine with no problems. This failure happened on my Windows 7 machine.

My Windows XP machine also now says the file "Windows/BONED64.exe" does not exist.

Teleman070

Re: BONE_D64.exe file erased by Windows security.

Post by Teleman070 »

Problem solved.

I found that it was actually Norton Utilities that removed my driver file when I tried to install it from my BBB.
I then found the driver file in a Norton quarantine folder and restored it to by BBB. Then I went on the web and
installed the Windows 64 driver files on my computer without using the BBB. Everything works fine now.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: BONE_D64.exe file erased by Windows security.

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That's a new one by me.

If you ever run into that kind of situation again, you can restore the boot drive by reflashing the OS onto the eMMC. It takes a while, but it's a good way to make sure you have the latest approved OS.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”