Beaglebone Black Rev C Boot Time

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kenthompson1

Beaglebone Black Rev C Boot Time

Post by kenthompson1 »

Forgive me if this has been addressed, but I can't find the answer. A blog post from Jan 2014 says the new debian image is on track for a 10 second bootup. Does the current BeagleBone Black Rev C board have this enhanced boot time? I need a solution which is booted in 10 seconds or less-

Thanks!

adafruit2

Re: Beaglebone Black Rev C Boot Time

Post by adafruit2 »

its about 10 seconds to the command prompt - but the boot time may vary based on whether it needs to fsck the sd card - best bet to get detailed answers about boot time (especially if you have a a hard limit) is the beaglebone google group, since they've worked on the image!

kenthompson1

Re: Beaglebone Black Rev C Boot Time

Post by kenthompson1 »

adafruit2 wrote:its about 10 seconds to the command prompt - but the boot time may vary based on whether it needs to fsck the sd card - best bet to get detailed answers about boot time (especially if you have a a hard limit) is the beaglebone google group, since they've worked on the image!

Thank you! In fact, I did pose the same question to them. They indicated its roughly ~13 seconds if the DHCP isn't flaking out. Also, the other note was that the first boot will be longer than subsequent because of encryption key generation.

10-13 seconds is perfect! Out with Angstrom and in with Debian!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”