How to return BBB with non-working HDMI

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nidalp

How to return BBB with non-working HDMI

Post by nidalp »

I bought my BBB a week ago and even paid extra $$ to get it asap. Plan was to connect it to my TV. I also bought HDMI-to-microHDMI cable.
Got it this Wednesday and after spending all my free time in the past two days trying to get BBB to show picture over HDMI it turns out that probably connector on BBB is faulty.
I have older revision of BBB (2GB) and it works on my TV and on my small LCD monitor. Cables I use are ok (one standard HDMI and other with micro-HDMI connector) also, checked and rechecked. Went through forums and various howto's on Internet, installed Ubuntu and Debian on SD card and tried those, changed kernel boot parameters, tried using xorg.conf file etc. etc. nothing works, BBB can't detect anything on HDMI port.
I would like to return my BBB and get back one that (hopefully) works. I would also like to return HDMI-to-microHDMI cable since that one also does not work (yes, I know! It sounds weird. But it is not funny, believe me). Tested it with working standard HDMI cable, TV and older BBB, no luck.
I would like to get replacements for these that actually work. Please let me know what is the return procedure. Thanks!

adafruit_support_rick

Re: How to return BBB with non-working HDMI

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

CircuitCo, the manufacturer, has asked that we refer all RMA requests to their site:
http://beagleboard.org/support/rma

nidalp

Re: How to return BBB with non-working HDMI

Post by nidalp »

Hi Rick!

Thanks for the reply! I got slightly irritated by this issue and overlooked an obvious solution: I already have A6 version of BBB with working HDMI and I will just use that one to connect to TV and use this one for my hardware project (which doesn't need HDMI).

Thanks again!
Nidal

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”