Beagle Bone Black Project help

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
falconsfan

Beagle Bone Black Project help

Post by falconsfan »

Hi there, can someone direct me on how I can get a .mp4 video file (without sound) to play when power is applied too the BBB and loop until power is removed using BBB rev c with Debian? I hear that it can only output 720p but that is fine. I had this working with RPi but I was hoping BBB would load it much faster. Any help would be appreciated.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Beagle Bone Black Project help

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

How were you playing the file on the RasPi?

falconsfan

Post by falconsfan »

with a bash script using OMXPlayer, I guess what I'm struggling with is knowing what software will work with BBB. Will any software that runs on debian work on BBB like Mplayer or is there is a better command line media player that can handle .h264 codec out there? I just need some people who are familiar with linux and the software that is available to chime in. Thanks.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Linux has pretty good cross-platform support, so give what already works a try and see how the BBB performs relative to the RasPi.

Beyond that, I'm afraid there are too many options and free variables for me to state a preference. You might want to try over on the BBB forums (http://beagleboard.org/Community/Forums) to see if there's anything specifically made to take advantage of the BBB's hardware.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”