new but determined

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cholo

new but determined

Post by cholo »

okkkay, this might seem like an annoying request, but i'm also very inexperienced at this kind of thing, but still determined to push ahead depite my massive ignorance. is there a sort of definitive text (textbook whatever) that will serve as a good point of reference? I don't expect anyone to supply monkey-see monkey-do type instructions, but some suggestions about where to start looking for information would be nice. I think this is prolly a doomed project given no formal electronics training but at least i could make it errr 'educational'

k cheers!

Student

Post by Student »

If you've never soldered before, I would suggest not even going to the trouble of buying some books, but instead learing to solder and then rethinking the whole thing.

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

Yea, if you haven't solder, go out and order some basic electonic kits and tools. Minty is way too advanced for you if you don't know how to solder. MiniMinty will be more n00b friendly.

cholo

minty soldering

Post by cholo »

actually no..soldering is not the issue, 'i maintain' a home-studio so i am used to making patch chords, poking around in mixers etc. i've even tried to hack my an old socket socket 7 motherboard (although that didn't really work) err. no the parctical side doesn't bother me so much as filling in the gaps in the instructions....any thoughts?

cholo

yar

Post by cholo »

but prolly waiting for miniminty is a good idea anyway ;)

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

In that case
http://tangentsoft.net/elec/reviews/free.html
Go there, find some free books, then after you are done with them go to a B&N or Borders and poke around their books.

http://tangentsoft.net/ Also has other good information. In the audio section, he has an enhanced cMoy tutorial, which is really good for all. I plan on making a MiniMinty+MiniCmoy in one.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”