Audio Out

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Student

Audio Out

Post by Student »

Hey Ladyada, I was wondering if you could tell us what values you used for the four caps. (C14, C15, C36, C40) and four resisters (R4, R5, R6, R7) of the audio output that gave you some nice sound. Thanks.

kuenrg

audio out

Post by kuenrg »

Yep - same question...

I've got everything "working" but there is a whole lot of white noise over top of the music. Going to verify the direction of the tantalum caps mentioned above but also just curious as to what values people are using for - here's what I have currently.
R4, R5 - 10k
RR6, R7 - 10.0
C14, 15 - 150uF (partls list has 33uF for these - that's what I'll try next)
C36, C40 - 150uF (parts list doesn't have these - maybe they shouldn't be stuffed? - not sure how that will affect attenuation...)

after this I'll try the values shown in the CS4340 datasheet

terpDriver

Post by terpDriver »

I posted this when I finished my first minty:

The sound I'm getting out is pretty bass heavy (not distorted though), the highs are not very present if at all. I'm using:
C14, C15, C36, C40 = 33uF
R4, R5 = 10 KOhm
R6, R7 = 10 Ohm

(i think the minty #2 I've been trying to build has given up the ghost. the board is pretty trashed at this point, and the FTDI chip and/or the PIC might be toast as well.)

kuenrg

Post by kuenrg »

Thanks for that info!!

I just tried out those values and it filters some of the noise but something is still definately wrong. I think some (if not most) of the digital info is getting through the CS4340 - so I'll have to scope some things out and see what is on the lines,

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”