Samples from Atmel?

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Samples from Atmel?

Post by Guest »

I just wanted to start learning programming on the AVR microcontroller, but when you request samples it seems like that is for big companies. I am just a student/hobbyist so is it OK to order samples from them? :?

djarago

Post by djarago »

well its intended for companies that are trying to decide which device(s) they want to use for their product. The idea is that giving them free samples they'll come back with large orders (thousands). A few people I know request samples from companies for all sorts of things (many they have no use for). It doesn't hurt to ask. I wouldn't lie though, its just unethical. If they give you the sample => cool. Else you didn't loose anything.

chaostic-offline

Post by chaostic-offline »

Some companies allow students and/or hobbiests to get samples. TI allows students samples for example.

djarago

Post by djarago »

Certainly some do, its a good idea. They are the future people using them in industry. I just don't think its right to lie. I would assume most companies that sample would also sample to students.

Leaf

Post by Leaf »

By students do you mean students of all kinds?

Beacuse I'm in high school at the moment, and I have no idea how to get free samples.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”