Great Cheap PCB Shop

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Great Cheap PCB Shop

Post by Guest »

I just wanted to let the community know, spark fun has opened their own PCB shop.

http://www.batchPCB.com

If your looking for a pcb I'd recommend here.

loup

Post by loup »

A little info for anyone that's interesed.

According to the site it's $2.50 per square inch, and a $10 setup fee for each order (includes shipping if I'm reading it correctly)

rules and limitations include:
* 2 layer 0.062" FR4
* 8mil spacing minimum
* 8mil traces minimum
* 20mil minimum drill size
* 500mil maximum drill size
* No internal routes, no v-scoring
* Board is routed to the indicated border (very clean edges, you can get creative with the shape as well!)
* Soldermask both sides
* Silkscreen both sides

NeoRunner

Board Mod

Post by NeoRunner »

Just an FYI, you need to modify the board layout slightly so that the traces meet their 8mm rules. There is a tutorial on doing the conversion here:

http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorial/PCB/ea ... torial.htm

I'm willing to send out my modified board if you pm me with your email. Though you should attempt it on your own first.

phaedolens

Post by phaedolens »

Grr... I'm so frustrated! I did the sparkfun tutorial several times and I downloaded the files, ran the said files, but I still keep on getting nixed due to 3 8 mil violation on the bottom DRC. Did anyone else have this problem too, or did I do something wrong with the reformatting? It is occuring by 3 of the 4 lg dots on the tapered end of the board (for lack of a better description). If anyone has a working zip file too, that would be greatly appreciated! You could email it to [email protected]

(It’s kinda sad... all of the other parts are all sitting dejected in a large bin in my room labeled “giant MP3 player” THESE PARTS NEED TO BE LIBERATED!! :mrgreen: )

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”