How to define a Ground plain in EAGLE?

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
xoxota

How to define a Ground plain in EAGLE?

Post by xoxota »

Hi LadyAda,

I was thinking of abstracting the FM transmitter onto a seperate board for general purposes. While playing around in EAGLE, I noticed that the Minty design uses what I think is called a "ground plane", where the ground terminals of various components just trail off, and are assumed to hook into the ground plain. How do I do this in EAGLE?

thanks,

doc

Post by doc »

The way to create a ground plane (or "copper pour") in Eagle is accomplished via the polygon command. You can find plenty of detailed explanations of how to do this as well as many other real world examples, tips and tricks, help etc. at the Eagle newsgroup. (IMHO its absolutely manditory reading if you want to learn/master Eagle.)

news://news.cadsoft.de/eagle.support.eng

-d0c-

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

Why go thru the trouble if its already a stand alone schematic in the application note from maxim. Look on the max2606's page on maxim-ic.com

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

chaostic wrote:Why go thru the trouble if its already a stand alone schematic in the application note from maxim. Look on the max2606's page on maxim-ic.com
Granted, but I still need to put it into EAGLE, if I want to print a board, no? Or does MAXIM have EAGLE files available for download somewhere?

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

xoxota wrote:
chaostic wrote:Why go thru the trouble if its already a stand alone schematic in the application note from maxim. Look on the max2606's page on maxim-ic.com
Granted, but I still need to put it into EAGLE, if I want to print a board, no? Or does MAXIM have EAGLE files available for download somewhere?
No, I guess not.
Anyway, share the eagle file when you make it, I want to make one too, with a nice board :D
And don't make it double sided, no need, since its one smd part.

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

Sure, you want fries with that?

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

xoxota wrote:Sure, you want fries with that?
As long as they arn't greasy, brown, or from McDonalds.

Post by Guest »

lol

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

chaostic wrote:As long as they arn't greasy, brown, or from McDonalds.
Okay, but you pay the shipping...:-)

hair

Post by hair »

ketchup?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”