who's going to finish first?

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
hair

who's going to finish first?

Post by hair »

who's going to finish finish first? altoid or pez?

http://www.pezmp3.com/

i want to show off the cool mini minty to my friends before my friends show off his pez player.

chaostic-offline

Post by chaostic-offline »

Who gives a rat's about closed-source candy mp3 players. Open-Source all the way!!! :twisted: :twisted:

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Hey, no reason not to have one of each!

hair

Post by hair »

i might get both, but i was hoping mini will come out before the pez

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

we'll see. i built the power supply & power switch today, looks good (plugging in the headphones turns it on)
next is talking to the removable flash card and reading FAT16 file system and files.

backass2

Openhardware?

Post by backass2 »

Out of curiosity, will the miniMinty be open hardware like the MintyMp3 was?

I like the concept of plugging in the headphones to turn on the unit, very slick, clever as well. What happens if you want to use the FM transmitter? Will there be a separate power button to use in this instance?

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

LadyAda, are you sticking with CF? Maybe MMC would be more in keeping with the whole "mini" theme?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i'm pretty sure there wont be an FM transmitter.

and how the hell would someone fit a CF card into an altoids gum box?

Post by Guest »

hmmm....... I see, this is a feature that really set the original apart from the the rest of the field of Mp3 players. I am wondering if it is a space problem or just an issue of function or fabrication. I really like that feature. Very unfortunate.

I like the original reason for actually having the transmitter.
for when you're on that road trip to Canada and you forgot your #@&*ing tape-adapter dongle thingy.

I will post the question again. Will the miniMinty be open hardware like the MintyMp3 was?

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

ladyada wrote:and how the hell would someone fit a CF card into an altoids gum box?
Why, origami, of course. I've actually never seen an Altoids gum box, so I don't know the dimensions...

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Anonymous wrote:

hmmm....... I see, this is a feature that really set the original apart from the the rest of the field of Mp3 players. I am wondering if it is a space problem or just an issue of function or fabrication. I really like that feature. Very unfortunate.
mostly fabrication. the max2606 is small and impossible to buy in small qty (under 1000 pcs)
also, there isnt that much space available.
I will post the question again. Will the miniMinty be open hardware like the MintyMp3 was?
uh, i think every project on my website is open source so i dont see why not...

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

xoxota wrote:
ladyada wrote:and how the hell would someone fit a CF card into an altoids gum box?
Why, origami, of course. I've actually never seen an Altoids gum box, so I don't know the dimensions...
A CF card is just a couple of .1 inches too big to fit into a altoids gum box by itself.

And a Altoids gum box is more then big enough to fit any usb thumb drives in it, with some extra packaging peanuts to stop the infernal racket it makes when doing so.

hair

Post by hair »

the gum tin is about half the size of mint tin
picture from www.altoids.com

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”