Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Question about Case

by inevu on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:15 am

Hey! While I was assembling one of the little plastic hooks (not the "dragon claws", the ones on the opposite end) broke off. I don't know how it happened because I was extra careful and watched the video like a million times before attempting it. Also the top plate of my case was a little scratched. My question is if you guys could sell separate parts of the Raspberry Pi case in case things like this happen? Thank you very much!
inevu

Re: Question about Case

by adafruit on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:29 am

inevu wrote:Hey! While I was assembling one of the little plastic hooks (not the "dragon claws", the ones on the opposite end) broke off. I don't know how it happened because I was extra careful and watched the video like a million times before attempting it. Also the top plate of my case was a little scratched. My question is if you guys could sell separate parts of the Raspberry Pi case in case things like this happen? Thank you very much!

drop us an email, we might be able to toss in a replacement piece in your next order - support@adafruit.com

thanks,
adafruit support, phil
adafruit

by casestudies on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:39 pm

I had the same problem, and was also very careful. I sent an email to support@adafruit.com. Responded right away. Thanks!

Others that are assembling the case: take great care with the non-dragon-claw tabs.
casestudies

by joltdude on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Unfortunately I did the same thing, I thought the tabs were aligned correctly and the tip of the hook sheered off on two of the non dragonclaw feet.. Grrrh Im curious is there a reason why you didnt want all the tabs to be of the "claw" type. Its a pretty case.. tolerances are very tight. Though I really didnt think i was putting much force on it..
joltdude