Question about Case

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
inevu

Question about Case

Post by inevu »

Hey! While I was assembling one of the little plastic hooks (not the "dragon claws", the ones on the opposite end) broke off. I don't know how it happened because I was extra careful and watched the video like a million times before attempting it. Also the top plate of my case was a little scratched. My question is if you guys could sell separate parts of the Raspberry Pi case in case things like this happen? Thank you very much!

adafruit

Re: Question about Case

Post by adafruit »

inevu wrote:Hey! While I was assembling one of the little plastic hooks (not the "dragon claws", the ones on the opposite end) broke off. I don't know how it happened because I was extra careful and watched the video like a million times before attempting it. Also the top plate of my case was a little scratched. My question is if you guys could sell separate parts of the Raspberry Pi case in case things like this happen? Thank you very much!
drop us an email, we might be able to toss in a replacement piece in your next order - [email protected]

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

realmeday

Post by realmeday »

I had the same problem, and was also very careful. I sent an email to [email protected]. Responded right away. Thanks!

Others that are assembling the case: take great care with the non-dragon-claw tabs.

joltdude

Post by joltdude »

Unfortunately I did the same thing, I thought the tabs were aligned correctly and the tip of the hook sheered off on two of the non dragonclaw feet.. Grrrh Im curious is there a reason why you didnt want all the tabs to be of the "claw" type. Its a pretty case.. tolerances are very tight. Though I really didnt think i was putting much force on it..

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”