Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Case assembly problems

by abqlewis on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:30 pm

I got my RasPi case last night, and tried to put it together. I watched Becky's video, and thought I had it down. It seemed a lot more difficult to get the pieces together than in the video. Now most of the rectangular holes (that receive the square pegs) have small stress cracks, and I still haven't gotten any of the dragon claws to "click" yet. It's like the sheet of acrylic my particular case parts were cut from was just a tiny bit too thick.

It does look beautiful though!
abqlewis

Re: Case assembly problems

by adafruit on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:36 pm

abqlewis wrote:I got my RasPi case last night, and tried to put it together. I watched Becky's video, and thought I had it down. It seemed a lot more difficult to get the pieces together than in the video. Now most of the rectangular holes (that receive the square pegs) have small stress cracks, and I still haven't gotten any of the dragon claws to "click" yet. It's like the sheet of acrylic my particular case parts were cut from was just a tiny bit too thick. It does look beautiful though!

we heard this from one other customer, we think there was a sheet of acrylic that was a little thicker (it happens, rare but it does) - please email support@adafruit.com

thanks,
adafruit support, phil
adafruit

by abqlewis on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Wow! I got the replacement case, and it made all the difference in the world. Just like the video, it went together easily in a few minutes, the "dragon claws" fit perfectly, and there are no cracks afterwards. It's amazing what a slight difference in material thickness can make.

Thanks,
Michael
abqlewis

by TAMAN on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:28 pm

bad lucky for me got same problem but the case it was very beautiful design I really like it.
TAMAN

by adafruit on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:51 pm

TAMAN wrote:bad lucky for me got same problem but the case it was very beautiful design I really like it.

for the few people that had problems we quickly sent a replacement :)

cheers,
adafruit support, phil
adafruit