Adafruit: Cobbler Pi

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
davidh

Adafruit: Cobbler Pi

Post by davidh »

Hi,

I'm guessing that the Pi Cobbler is for people with electronics experience already??

Cheers
David

adafruit

Re: Adafruit: Cobbler Pi

Post by adafruit »

davidh wrote:I'm guessing that the Pi Cobbler is for people with electronics experience already??
it depends on your skill level and if you think it's something you'll find useful, check out the tutorial and documentation and see if it's something you would be comfortable with using.

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

davidh

Post by davidh »

Thanks,

I did find the tutorial on how to put it together and I am comfortable with that but, where would I go to start learning how to create even simple projects? For example: I bought the Programming the Arduino book that tells me what the pins are what and what they do. You also have the Arduino compiler to create and download programs. And of course you guys at Adafruit rock. You help us with projects and we learn from the engineers (although I can't seem to log in when AAE comes on :( ).

Cheers
David

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

davidh wrote:Thanks,I did find the tutorial on how to put it together and I am comfortable with that but, where would I go to start learning how to create even simple projects? For example: I bought the Programming the Arduino book that tells me what the pins are what and what they do. You also have the Arduino compiler to create and download programs. And of course you guys at Adafruit rock. You help us with projects and we learn from the engineers (although I can't seem to log in when AAE comes on :( ).
from what we understand there will be many many books that aim to help beginners with the raspberry pi, if you're comfortable with the "programming arduino book" for arduino projects you might want to wait until the pi books hit the market. the pi is pretty new so it will take a few weeks/months to get many of the same resources the arduino has.

thanks,
adafruit support

budman2002

Post by budman2002 »

Does the cobbler contain and circuits to protect the pi? Or will my proto board need to do that?

zulucat

Post by zulucat »

budman2002 wrote:Does the cobbler contain and circuits to protect the pi? Or will my proto board need to do that?
No, you'll need to do that yourself.

As for books --- do a search on Amazon for "raspberry pi". It looks like books are starting to become available now.

rpural

Post by rpural »

Check out the MagPi magazine (http://www.themagpi.com); Issues 2 and 3 start a series of articles on programming the GPIO pins. The Pi Cobbler will let you move the pins over to a breadboard in a much easier way than lots of arching wires.

hoekeat

Post by hoekeat »

I am going to order this despite it is back order, but it doesnt show me the shipping cost and it says USPS doesnt ships to Malaysia. What can i do?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hoekeat wrote:I am going to order this despite it is back order, but it doesnt show me the shipping cost and it says USPS doesnt ships to Malaysia. What can i do?
we do not ship to malaysia at this time, sorry!

thank you,
adafruit support, phil

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”