Pi case loose and rattling...

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
stu002

Pi case loose and rattling...

Post by stu002 »

Hi,

Just received my acryclic case order for a Raspberry Pi. It's an ingenious design and looks very cool. The only downside is that once assembled it seems to be quite loose and rattles around when held or moved. Is this by design? I've double checked the side and end plates are facing the correct directions too. I'm wondering if the top/bottom plate side tabs are a just a little too small for the side plates.

Any advice much appreciated,

Stu

adafruit

Re: Pi case loose and rattling...

Post by adafruit »

stu002 wrote:Hi,
Just received my acryclic case order for a Raspberry Pi. It's an ingenious design and looks very cool. The only downside is that once assembled it seems to be quite loose and rattles around when held or moved. Is this by design? I've double checked the side and end plates are facing the correct directions too. I'm wondering if the top/bottom plate side tabs are a just a little too small for the side plates.
Any advice much appreciated,
Stu
that's correct, it should hold the pi and also have a little wiggle room. the pi does not have any mounting holes so our design holds it together safe, while still not pressing up against it too much. the pi is stationary product, are you using the case on something that is mobile and moving around a lot?

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

If the rattling is a problem, a small square of double-sided foam tape in each corner will take care of it. They are easily removable if you peel slowly.

dlcarverjr

Post by dlcarverjr »

I noticed that if I held the sides tight the board became locked in place via the connectors. Using my dremel I drilled holes in each corner through the tabs and one in the center of each side of the side plates. using self tapping machine screws my box is now really tight and the board will not move. I use mine as a communication interface for my arduino, TI launchpad etc for robotics.

AsH83

Post by AsH83 »

I understand that because the RPi does not have mounting holes you do not want to press against it hard but why the case it self rattles? I mean the dragon claws are nice but all the corner connections are loose and not rigid. I thought this case will be like the beagle bone case which is a great case.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

it should hold the pi and also have a little wiggle room. the pi does not have any mounting holes so our design holds it together safe, while still not pressing up against it too much. the pi is stationary product, are you using the case on something that is mobile and moving around a lot?

cheers,
adafruit support, phil

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”