Wireless USB Keyboard

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
davidh

Wireless USB Keyboard

Post by davidh »

Hi

Will the dongle for the Miniture Wireless USB keyboard with Touchpad - ID:922 also allow me to get onto the internet or will I need an additional wifi adapter like the Miniature WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module: ID : 814 For Raspberry Pi and more ...

Cheers
David

adafruit

Re: Wireless USB Keyboard

Post by adafruit »

davidh wrote:or will I need an additional wifi adapter like the Miniature WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module: ID : 814 For Raspberry Pi and more ...
correct!

davidh

Post by davidh »

If I use the 5V 1A (1000mA) USB port power supply - UL Listed - ID: 501 to power the Pi will that be enough for the two wifi dongles?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

davidh wrote:If I use the 5V 1A (1000mA) USB port power supply - UL Listed - ID: 501 to power the Pi will that be enough for the two wifi dongles?
we do not believe the pi would run two wifi dongles at once (no plan to test that one, but let us know how it goes if you try!)

adafruit support

davidh

Post by davidh »

I'm asking because I know you don't have a no return policy and you guys really try to work with people if something is wrong but I don't know how this would apply in my case.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

davidh wrote:I'm asking because I know you don't have a no return policy and you guys really try to work with people if something is wrong but I don't know how this would apply in my case.
hi david,

we don't support 2 wifi adapters, we don't think it will work - we don't think you should purchase 2 for this purpose, but feel free too!

thanks,
adafruit support

davidh

Post by davidh »

I think I will take your advice and not take 2. Shouldn't a wifi adapter for internet and bluetooth for keyboard should work together ok.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

davidh wrote:I think I will take your advice and not take 2. Shouldn't a wifi adapter for internet and bluetooth for keyboard should work together ok.
we do not think bluetooth works with the pi yet, we have not tested and do not sell a bluetooth product for it at this time. but you want to see what the folks over at http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/ think.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”