4.3 TFT Display problem

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
jreddin1

4.3 TFT Display problem

Post by jreddin1 »

I hooked up the display to a 12V dc adapter (tip positive) and plugged it in. It displayed "AV1" in the upper right corner for 1/2 a second, tops, and then dark. After that, it does nothing. Menu doesn't come up, video doesn't display. Removing power and reapplying doesn't work either.

The spec sheet that comes with it says it works with 6v-32V, and I don't think it would have display anything if I'd gotten polarity wrong. 12V should be more than enough to power it. I think the unit is defective.

Anyone have suggestions?

jreddin1

Re: 4.3 TFT Display problem

Post by jreddin1 »

Here is a pic of it hooked up.
Attachments
tft_setup.jpg
tft_setup.jpg (992.41 KiB) Viewed 1002 times

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Did you connect anything to the video inputs? they dont seem to be connected here

jreddin1

Post by jreddin1 »

These particular monitors, as it turns out, are 'backup monitors'. They only come on when there is a signal on the video port. The "AV1" that shows up is kind of random when power is applied, and the menus do NOTHING unless there is a valid signal on the video in.

I thought my pi was booting, and that the video out was working, but it wasn't. Turns out that when I "dd"ed my image, I did it to the p01 partition, not to the device itself! Doh!

Found it and fixed it.

Not sure I would recommend this display, though. The last line of the screen is off the screen making login quite difficult.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

thats odd, we didnt see any lines off the screen - it worked well here.
we think there's a way to adjust the resolution - if so you could make the display resolution match the screen size. we'll look into it

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Yeah, messing with the overscan settings in /boot/config.txt should make it possible to get the last line into view.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”