Adafruit Pi Box and Low-profile microSD card adapter

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
msfwebdude

Adafruit Pi Box and Low-profile microSD card adapter

Post by msfwebdude »

When using the Low-profile microSD card adapter for Raspberry Pi with the Adafruit Pi case, it doesn't quite fit and pushes the board up enough that the power usb connector hole is not aligned anymore.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, I can still bend the board enough to get it to work, but if you investigate it and find the same issue maybe the next version of the Adafruit Pi box can be slightly modified to allow for the extra space.

Thanks

-Mike

adafruit

Re: Adafruit Pi Box and Low-profile microSD card adapter

Post by adafruit »

Thanks, we'll check it out!

holaparc

Post by holaparc »

I'm planning on buying the Low-profile microSD card reader but am afraid it will be an issue. if you guys make the adaptor sideways and remove the extra 2mm wouldn't it fit perfectly inside the pi box? you can always replace the micro sd tray to the one that slides and lifts up to remove the micro sd card, without having to remove the whole adaptor since its only meant for the pi. thanks .

gragib

Post by gragib »

holaparc wrote:I'm planning on buying the Low-profile microSD card reader but am afraid it will be an issue. if you guys make the adaptor sideways and remove the extra 2mm wouldn't it fit perfectly inside the pi box? you can always replace the micro sd tray to the one that slides and lifts up to remove the micro sd card, without having to remove the whole adaptor since its only meant for the pi. thanks .
A sideways adapter like this?

I bought 3 of the Adafruit adapters for my 3 rPis, but seldom use them because it is such a fight to get them in and out of the rPi SD slot (which coincidentally isn't the strongest slot in the world).

I'm using a full-size SD card right now, but I'll probably replace the slot on one of my boards with a microSD card slot (if/when I have the part(s) and time).

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

you can try filing down the side of the adapter if its a bit tight - some slots are tougher than others!

redxps

Post by redxps »

I bought a "Pi Holder milled aluminum case for Raspberry Pi with logo" possibly the most beautiful case available for the Pi. However when I inserted the "Low-profile microSD card adapter for Raspberry Pi " the Pi would no longer fit in the case, not a show stopper but a bit of a nuisance.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”