POWERED USB HUB QUESTION

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
SparkzCrossedWires

POWERED USB HUB QUESTION

Post by SparkzCrossedWires »

I recently purchased a powered 7-port USB hub and it has really made a difference in the performance of my WIFI dongle and stabilized the system. I am interested in using a Power Pack to run my Raspberry Pi so I don't have to have the wall wart tethered to an outlet.

The Power Pack has 2 USB ports, but the cable I was using on my previous hub has a different size barrel plug and will not fit your hub. Do you have a relatively short USB to barrel jack cable available for this?

adafruit

Re: POWERED USB HUB QUESTION

Post by adafruit »

We do not :(

SparkzCrossedWires

Post by SparkzCrossedWires »

Would you please confirm the size of the barrel jack supplied so I can try to source it somewhere else?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

We don't know or have any specifications for it, sorry!

ericbnyc

Post by ericbnyc »

Hi,

I have an additional question about the 7 port usb powered hub (two questions, really)

1 - What's the power output on each port? I've read that a Raspberry Pi would do best with 700ma and if I wanted to use this to power the Pi I'd like to know the power specs. Most hubs seem to be 500ma / port

2- When will it be back in stock? The web page has the stock "5 to 10 days" comment.

thanks, & good luck spinning back up after the storm!
-e

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”