micro SD card reader

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
bowlofred

micro SD card reader

Post by bowlofred »

Does the micro sd card reader in the RPi bundle do anything without a card inside?

Even though there are no explicit instructions for XP, I found a program that may work. I put the reader in my XP machine (without a card) and it did a little driver dance and asked for a reboot.

Since that time, nothing happens when I put the reader in a machine. Nothing happens in the system tray whether I've got a micro card loaded or not.

I finally got a Windows 7 machine to try it on and it doesn't do anything on that either (and the Fedora remix installer doesn't see any devices).

Did I zap it somehow?

adafruit

Re: micro SD card reader

Post by adafruit »

should be ok, but do put a card inside! at worst, try going to the device manager and uninstalling the driver so it gets another go-around

bowlofred

Post by bowlofred »

Either I am very unlucky, or I don't know what I'm doing. Suggestions, please. :)

*) What driver would I expect to be able to uninstall? I don't see anything obvious in the device manager. Nothing changes between plugging and unplugging (either with or without the SD card).\
*) I now have access to a machine with an SD card slot. I was able to write the card. Having the written card in the USB reader still doesn't show anything.
*) My Pi boots, but with multiple attempts with 2 different keyboards, I can't interact with it. I get the config screen, but the keyboard doesn't move anything around (tried wheezy-raspbian and occidentalis).
*) Plugging in an ethernet cable doesn't show link up.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

for a replacement USB card reader email support@adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”