Low Profile Micro-SD adaptor

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
abbadabbatech

Low Profile Micro-SD adaptor

Post by abbadabbatech »

I am not sure anyone can help but here it goes. To start I have had 2 256 PI's running for about 3 monhts, rebooted several times of course as I tested new code. I am running the Adafruit Occidentalis v0.2 with no problems. Here is where the problem starts. I received my low profile adapter for a Ultimate GPS project that needs a smaller foot print. So I shut down the PI correctly. Remove the micro SD card in its adapter, I install the Adafruit low profile and add the microsd card that was just removed into it. Appy power and wait for boot. After several minutes nothing, its running headless so I go to check the lights, all are on as expected. I decide to connect video and this is the error I see among many others that follow these --
***** mmc0: Controller never released inhibit bit(s) ****

Well I remove the adaptor and go to original configuration and it will not even get an OK light or boot at all. Now the frustration is really kicking in. In thoughts that it may for some reason be an SD card I went through 2 other class 10 cards that are fresh out of the box and same results. I reimage the original first with a backup, then with fresh occidentalis then with fresh wheezy. Same error everytime. Then I did something I am really regretting, trying to rule out a bad PI, I take the other 256 PI and now I have 2 in the same exact state, dummy me. Both in this state after the low-profile card attempt.

Now the quirk is that I have a 512 PI that I use the run xbian and raspbms with another low profile card in it and I 2 exact cards that I am using in the others and trade back and forth with new images of xbain and raspbms and it has yet to ever have any problems. I do not dare attempt on it as its my last working PI right now.

I am hoping someone has seen this and knows a fix.

Please help anyone!!! Again I am posting here because this all started when I attempted to install the low-profile SD adapter on both of them and now they are both broken.

Thanks

abbadabbatech

Re: Low Profile Micro-SD adaptor

Post by abbadabbatech »

Interesting update now. I took a backup image of RASPBMC and it boots to each P! and loads, even using the low=profile. However occidnetalis and wheezy 10-28 do not with the same mmc0: Controller never released inhibit bit(s) error then timeout cmd13 and so forth. So does anyone know what would have changed, this morning both PI's had been up for 14 days running the image I am trying to load now even without the low profile adapter.

Any help would be nice.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

its unlikely that the low-profile adapter is causing the problem but the easiest way to test is to remove it of course.

abbadabbatech

Post by abbadabbatech »

I of course did that as I explained and the pi would not boot with the card native either. I have now replaced all 6 non-working cards with class 4 cards from the same maker and it is working again. It just makes no sense why the class 10 with the native adapter was working fine for 3 months and now both were not after trying to use the adapter. In either case I now have 6 class 10 adapters useless to my pi's, so I guess I will chalk it up to coincidence.

Thanks

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”