USB momentary switch power on/off for rpi

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
mano1979

USB momentary switch power on/off for rpi

Post by mano1979 »

i have designed a usb-stick with a momentary switch that can switch power on the raspberry pi.
This includes system shutdown!!all through USB. it is not bigger than a normal flash drive but contains a lot of stuff.

So when the button is pressed, the power turns on. When pressed again, the usb stick sends a signal to the Raspberry-Pi to shutdown/halt the system. when the system i halted, the RPI send a signal back to the usb stick wich will turn the power off (with a little delay).

Now what i still need is the ability to light up the keyboard leds at the very moment that the system is halted. or at least before the system and USB stops functioning.

I found a little python script that can light up the keyboard leds. Called Python-keyboardleds.
i just need something, to do that at the very last moment before shutdown so the power can be turned off. Any help is welcome, since i am not really familiar with this sort of stuff.

When i get it working i would like "ladyada" to maybe make/produce them so everyone can enjoy this "Pi-Power-USB-Stick"! (ladyada contact me!! : ) )

adafruit_support_bill

Re: USB momentary switch power on/off for rpi

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Sounds like a nice project. Got pictures? :D

mano1979

Post by mano1979 »

I do...
Allthough this is all i got for the moment. I am waiting for my components to arrive.
The pcb usb stick layout in eagle
The pcb usb stick layout in eagle
IMG_1375.JPG (128.19 KiB) Viewed 1666 times

mano1979

Post by mano1979 »

Is someone known with the V-USB library for avr?
I could really use some help with coding....

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”