display and bread-boarding choices
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

display and bread-boarding choices

by lylex on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:48 am

I've got a Pi and your Starter Pack on the way, and look forward to learning the system and trying out available sensors for embedded projects. A couple of questions on your accessories though:

For your LCD display/keypad plate:
- should I get a positive or negative one, or does it matter?
- is the blue&white one the same thing, just mono-chrome and slightly cheaper?

For bread-boarding, I'll probably try both the plate and the dish, but:
- with an extra stacking header, I can stack the pi, the plate with a "tiny breadboard", and the display plate all in one unit? Probably won't have a lot of headroom on the middle layer plate, right? Or do you just stack the display plate, and have the cobbler board off to the side (still needing the extra header)?
- all this stacking means the Pi Box can't be used, right?
- the display plate can attach to the dish breadboard as shown in the dish photos, if I'd rather have things spread out rather than stacked?

Thanks for the advice. Adafruit is a great resource....Lyle
lylex

Re: display and bread-boarding choices

by adafruit on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:22 pm

you can get any style of LCD you like - the monochrome ones are less expensive - right now we dont have many RGB LCDs in stock but we have lots of monochrome

you might be best off using an LCD plate with a stacking header, the connecting the GPIO cable on top of the LCD plate to a cobbler or one of our perma-pi breadboards.
adafruit

by Twi7ch on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Do you have an ETA on when the RGB plates will be back in stock? (Sorry for thread jacking, didn't want to create a new topic for a small question) :)
Twi7ch

by adafruit on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:28 pm

at least a month
adafruit