Pi Card Adapter / Pi Box problem...

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
gordiegii

Pi Card Adapter / Pi Box problem...

Post by gordiegii »

I recently purchased a Pi Box (ID 859) and a Pi Card Adapter (ID 966) and they don't seem to play well together.
The adapter lifts the end of the RPi board thus mis-aligning the power connector and the hole.
Is there (or will there) be modified bottom and end plates to fix this available? e.g. a notch in the end of the bottom plate to let the RPi drop down to its normal position and a notch in the bottom of the card slot to allow acess to the card.
I would hate to have to take a file to my Pi Box.
Would any other case(s) (e.g. Pibow, Cyntech or Pi Shell) work better with the Adapter, or would the card be lower than the slot?

adafruit

Re: Pi Card Adapter / Pi Box problem...

Post by adafruit »

GordieGii wrote:I recently purchased a Pi Box (ID 859) and a Pi Card Adapter (ID 966) and they don't seem to play well together.
The adapter lifts the end of the RPi board thus mis-aligning the power connector and the hole.
Is there (or will there) be modified bottom and end plates to fix this available? e.g. a notch in the end of the bottom plate to let the RPi drop down to its normal position and a notch in the bottom of the card slot to allow acess to the card.
I would hate to have to take a file to my Pi Box.
Would any other case(s) (e.g. Pibow, Cyntech or Pi Shell) work better with the Adapter, or would the card be lower than the slot?
thanks for the note, the pi box is optimized for easy access to full sized SD cards. all the cases are not optimized for the tiny pi card adapters.

thanks,
adafruit support

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”