Box for raspberry pi with adafruit LCD keypad

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
merald

Box for raspberry pi with adafruit LCD keypad

Post by merald »

I searched the net and cant find a case for raspberry pi with use of a adafruit with keypad like this one:
https://www.adafruit.com/products/1115

Is there any out there?

Twi7ch

Re: Box for raspberry pi with adafruit LCD keypad

Post by Twi7ch »

I've also asked this question and the answer is no. It is apparently a popular request so they probably have something up on the drawing boards.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

This is a very popular request and we are actively looking into it. No ETA.

merald

Post by merald »

Ok, yea it falls very naturly if you should use the display accessory :wink:

matt_adafruit

Post by matt_adafruit »

What would you look for in a display faceplate or bezel? A library for OpenSCAD (or STL models) to combine with another model you are making, or a standalone faceplate with mounting points? This is something am looking forward to trying in my free time to see what I can produce and share!

hiroshijack

Post by hiroshijack »

I would like to see you simply create a plate for the pibow. The pibow was meant to be modular, at least according to the creator's website. It was meant to have different plates for different uses, so why not create one for this? It would replace the top cover plate, and would have the screw holes for the 16x2 LCD display (or any other small LCD display). If these holes did not line up with the screw holes on the pibow enclosure, then simply enlarge the plate a little, and raise the screw holes so that both screw hole sets can be used. To make it cheaper in terms of materials, leave a hole through the center of this, so people connect the pins directly to the raspberry pi with a short cable or stacking header. You could sell it in different colors, make it out of acrylic, and use your laser cutter to manufacture it, just like the pibow. You could sell it as a kit (with a small piece to connect the LCD and RPI, and alone (for people who wish to use the USB backpack). I have a crystal pibow, and this seems like a better idea than buying a 16x2 LCD stand made out of acrylic from one of your suppliers. Please also make one for your 4x4 keypad (which does not have screw holes, so you would probably use the same design as the vesa board mount), as I think a RPI with embedded buttons would be very nice. It could even function as a lock (with password required to boot).

hiroshijack

Post by hiroshijack »

Should it prove costly to make a multi-level plate, you could just use washers to adjust the height.

stulevine

Post by stulevine »

Well, for me, I just received my Adafruit Pi Box with the full intention of keeping my Blue & White LCD Pi Plate attached. In fact I really like the setup:

gourou

Post by gourou »

We're working on making the extension kit for the pibow, as the LCD is such a useful companion :)

Here's an idea of the work in progress:
image.jpg
image.jpg (773.38 KiB) Viewed 2309 times

hiroshijack

Post by hiroshijack »

That looks absolutely wonderful.
Last edited by hiroshijack on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twi7ch

Post by Twi7ch »

That looks awesome. Great work!

I'm just using the clear case and elastic bands.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Please note from now on all the kits will have the buttons on the right side!

gourou

Post by gourou »

Noted, and thanks for the heads up :-)

Patient Bear will be ready when you are.
http://imgur.com/r/pics/lwYB3

ajford

Post by ajford »

Any ETA on the pibow extension?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That's something gourou was working on, not an Adafruit project. The thread has been dormant for a while, so I don't know what progress he might have made.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”