Pibow- nuts won't stay on

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
kjata1013

Pibow- nuts won't stay on

Post by kjata1013 »

I'm losing my mind. I assembled it, no matter what I do, the nuts just pop off when I'm trying to secure it all together. I've tried using the little tool, I tried iw without the gpio ribbon cable - nothing works. What am I doing wrong?! :evil:

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Pibow- nuts won't stay on

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Is it that the bolts seem too short - the nuts can't grab a thread? Or do the nuts seem to screw on all the way, but then they pop off?

Can you post a picture of the assembly?

kjata1013

Post by kjata1013 »

The bolts are too short. I'll post a picture in a bit. I'm visiting with my folks. I'll be home around 10:30pm EST. Sorry. I should've been more specific. The bolts barely stick thru the enclosure and the nuts won't thread on. There's nothing for them to grip to.

kjata1013

Post by kjata1013 »

My camera is broken and I couldn't post a picture. I do know I have it put together correctly, everything fits just fine. The screws are just too short.

robertlipe

Post by robertlipe »

I just assembled PiBow tonight. It's a bit finicky, but mine fit. You definitely can't have any space between the layers. My screws aren't borderline; they go all the way through the nuts and come out slightly on the other side. I cursed mine for a bit before realizing I had the blue layer backward. (that makes the USB connector and the SD card both fit really badly.)

adafruit_support_rick

Kjata1013 wrote:I do know I have it put together correctly, everything fits just fine. The screws are just too short.
Please review the assembly again. You may have something upside down, or not seated properly. If you can find a working camera someplace, that might also help us.

kjata1013

Post by kjata1013 »

Here are a few pics. I know what you're saying, I thought that too but I can't find an error...I sent all of my pics to [email protected]
Attachments
assembly front
assembly front
photo 3.JPG (680.01 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
assembly
assembly
photo 2.JPG (629.12 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
This shows the screw height
This shows the screw height
photo 1.JPG (338.93 KiB) Viewed 1209 times

adafruit_support_rick

Hi - thanks for your patience. We had the pibow people take a look at your pictures, and they think that some of the plates you have came out a little too thick. It's not a common problem - they've only seen it a handful of times.

Please contact [email protected] with a link to this thread and we'll arrange a replacement for you!

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”