16 Channel Servo Driver

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
DanCardin

16 Channel Servo Driver

Post by DanCardin »

Howdy, so I just soldered the servo driver together today, and can't seem to get this a-working. Ive attached what my circuit looks like. The only hard thing to see is the cobbler end of the ground wire, which is in fact in the ground (third pin up). So when i plug in the cobbler ribbon cable, it lights up the power led, and when i plug a servo into the first (or any) slot, and then plug plug in the v+, the servo jumps a bit. But running Servo_example.py doesnt move it at all. I get no errors from the script, and it is showing up in 0x40.

If I'm wiring it wrong, I can't see how. and the lack of errors is also making my problem elusive to me.
Attachments
20130119_224445.jpeg
20130119_224445.jpeg (255.56 KiB) Viewed 1197 times

adafruit_support_bill

Re: 16 Channel Servo Driver

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

and then plug plug in the v+
Where is the V+ coming from? Make sure that you connect the ground from that supply also.

DanCardin

Post by DanCardin »

v+ is from the power blue thing to the ac wall adapter

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

OK, so the ground will be connected too.
What code are you using? Make sure you plug the servo into the port that matches your code. (the wiring diagram in the tutorial is different).

DanCardin

Post by DanCardin »

Im using the Servo_example.py with the suggested changes that they said to do if you have a rev2 (because it gives me errors when I change it back). And Im putting the motor in 0, though ive tried all of them. all that happens is that the motor jumps a little when the pins touch, but that's it.

garyns

Post by garyns »

Hi,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue (servo jumps at power-on, no errors when running script), and have double checked all the wiring and servo port, including trying different ports.

Did you ever get a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Gary.

garyns

Post by garyns »

Just go it working - totally powered the rPI (not just rebooting) and board. At restart it just worked.

DanCardin

Post by DanCardin »

Thanks! that never even occurred to me, haha

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”