Reason for design change?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Twi7ch

Reason for design change?

Post by Twi7ch »

I've noticed a design change in the LCD + keypad kit. I was able to order the last stock of this version:

But now I see that adafruit has moved the buttons over to the right side.

What was the reasoning for the new placement?
I have this feeling that if adafruit ever builds a case for the LCD button layout, it won't work for what I have.

adafruit

Re: Reason for design change?

Post by adafruit »

hi, that is correct, we have a note on the pi lcd plates that we have updated the button placement. we got feedback about the problem with the old placement is that if someone pressed the button too hard, the plate would flip up and not be mechanically stable. the version we are selling now is the final revision, we have no plans to move the buttons again.

Twi7ch

Post by Twi7ch »

Hmm. Well I haven't started soldering the board yet. Would it be possible for me to ship only the board back to you guys for an exchange to the new revision?

If not no worries, I'm sure I could put in some sort of spacer to handle the issue.

Thanks

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

please email support @ adafruit and we'll send you out a new PCB, just reference this thread and request a new "Pi RGB LCD plate PCB v2"

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”