Connecting Raspberry Pi with Wifi Module

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
adafruit_support_rick

Re: Connecting Raspberry Pi with Wifi Module

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Might be worth a try. If nothing else, you'll have a spare hub! :D

adafruit_support_rick

Maybe try a different cable, too...

pandring

Post by pandring »

Soo...
I'm back yet again with a DIFFERENT problem now. Tonight, I tried to ssh into my pi over wifi (as I've been doing every day for the past two weeks), and I wasn't able to connect to it. I logged in to my router's admin panel, however, and it says that the raspberry pi is connected to the wifi, and I can use the router's "test connection using ping" feature to ping the pi. However, I can't ping or ssh into the pi from any other computer on the network.
To make it weirder, if I plug in a ethernet cable, (I'm able to ssh, even using the pi's wireless IP, if there's a cable), and I check ifconfig everything looks normal; wlan0 is up and running, and transferring a small amount of data (about 1.7 KiB), while the ethernet is transferring the rest. When I unplug the ethernet cable, however, my ssh connection is dropped and I can no longer ssh or ping the pi.
Do you know what might be going on this time?

adafruit_support_rick

Could be a quality of service thing - all the hardware thinks it's connected, but the packets really aren't getting through reliably. For comparison, I can VNC into my Pi on a wired connection, but not over WiFi. Don't know for sure, but I assume that it's because my wifi connection quality just isn't up to snuff.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”