Trouble with microsd reader

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
chasingmaxwell

Trouble with microsd reader

Post by chasingmaxwell »

Just received my raspberry pi starter kit (#1014) today and I'm really excited to get started. Plugged the sd card into the microsd reader and inserted it into my computer running Ubuntu 12.04 and got nothing. Tried all the other usb ports (including usb 2 and 3) still nothing. Tried it with my Windows 7 machine and still nothing. Starting to think I might have either a defective card or reader. Tomorrow I will see if I can test out the card on a different reader. Does anyone have any other advice? If I do have a defective card or reader, how should I go about getting a replacement?

bobbyt

Re: Trouble with microsd reader

Post by bobbyt »

I am having the same issue. I received the card reader with the Raspberry pi starter kit. I have tried the reader with multiple cards, different usb ports and multiple computers (linux and OS X). No dice.
Is is possible to get a replacement/exchange?

Thanks.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

@chasingmaxwell - Try a different card and/or different reader. If it is still not recognized, contact [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement.

@bobbyt - looks like you have covered all the bases. Contact [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement.

chasingmaxwell

Post by chasingmaxwell »

Turns out it was the reader. I remembered my Windows 7 machine had a full-size sd card reader built in so I used the adapter that comes with the kit. It recognized the microsd card without any problems. I'll contact support concerning the reader. Thanks!

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”