RasPi and Ourlink Adapter

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Syn7

RasPi and Ourlink Adapter

Post by Syn7 »

Last week I went through the wifi connection tutorial and was not able to get online but I did see my router. Now I can't see anything when I open wifi config the adapter and network fields in the wpa gui are blank. I know I should use a powered hub, and I will soon. But why blank now and not before? Scan opens a scan window and does no more.

What I really want to do is use the TTL cable to run the VNC on my laptop. I don't have the IP address for the putty config window. Can I do this w/o establishing an internet connection? I only have wifi. SSID, check. I did enable SSH through the lxterminal w/ raspi-config. And I can make a serial connection, no problems. Any way around that number?

Syn7

Re: RasPi and Ourlink Adapter

Post by Syn7 »

If anyone else has this issue, I solved the problem by A: using a better hub and B: resetting my router manually and rebuilding my network. Took a few mins and my router was very stubborn when trying to manual reset, but that seemed to do it. I have no explanation as to what the specific differences are. But anyone looking for a quick solution, that worked for me.

The hub works well. I used it to make a connection on my desktop in order to confirm the dongle was good and it worked fine. But still not on the Pi. That's when I went and looked closer at the router. All the settings were right. Still no love though. Manual reset, all good.

Sorry if this thread wasn't an appropriate question for this forum. I bought all the gear from adafruit and figured it was worth a shot to ask. Anyways, after a while of failing I just rebuilt the network and all is good.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”