Pi Box piece too thick

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
nmalinoski

Pi Box piece too thick

Post by nmalinoski »

I just received my RPi starter kit, and began by assembling the Pi Box, but I noticed that one of the horizontal plates (Top/Bottom) is apparently too thick to fit into the slots in the sides. If I place both top/bottom pieces side-by-side, one is noticeably thicker than the other.

I have a file on hand, and theoretically I could file the plastic so it could fit, but I've no experience with modifying acrylic plastic, so I don't know if that's actually a good idea. Obviously I wouldn't be opposed to receiving a new part.

So, what's the recommended solution to this?

tldr

Re: Pi Box piece too thick

Post by tldr »

acrylic likes to crack or shatter. it also looks really bad when scratched. and its thickness varies a great deal within a sheet, but it usually tends to run thinner than spec. i wouldn't try to fix it 'til you've been promised a replacement if the operation goes south.

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Hi there. Very sorry about that...please email [email protected] and include your order number and a link to this post, and we'll issue a replacement.

Occasionally a sheet of acrylic comes from the factory just a little thicker than normal. The case design has enough wiggle room to handle some variation, but this must've been a particularly thick piece.

nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

Email sent; thank you, pburgess.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”