Adafruit HDMI 7" Display on Raspberry Pi

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
dunjar

Adafruit HDMI 7" Display on Raspberry Pi

Post by dunjar »

Hi,

I bought the Adafruit 7" display trying to run it on my Raspberry Pi. First of all, the description says it is 1200x800, but the HSD070PWW1 pdf claims it is 1280x800. Which is it?

Also, I am trying to get the config.txt settings correct, so it outputs the full resolution through the hdmi.

So, I set "hdmi_safe=1" that did not work (still displays at 640x480 composite level)

I also tried "hdim_group=2" and "hdmi_mode=27" - still displays at lower resolution.

How can I get this to work.

Thanks!

dunjar

Re: Adafruit HDMI 7" Display on Raspberry Pi

Post by dunjar »

Found the solution.

First, I changed some setting on my config.txt. I added the following:

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_drive=1
config_hdmi_boost=4

Then I started the graphical shell, using the command "startx", and from the start menu, chose Preferences ->Display Settings, I noticed the resolution was set to 1184x624. So, I changed the overscan on my "/boot/config.txt" file. I did the math to convert 1184x624 to 1280x800, and added the following lines:

overscan_left=-48
overscan_right=-48
overscan_top=-88
overscan_bottom=-88

These lines stretch the output so it fits over the full resolution, 1280x800, instead of just the 1184x624.

After a reboot, the raspberry pi output the entire 1280x800 resolution to the monitor.

Hope this helps.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”