Anyone know where to get the micro USB and hdmi adapters from?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
headsling

Anyone know where to get the micro USB and hdmi adapters from?

Post by headsling »

I got very excited when I saw the video on using a Motorola droid laptop and went off and bought one from amazon. Unfortunately - I've had no luck finding the micro hdmi female or USB adapters - can anyone help? I'm desperate to get my raspberry pi laptop setup!

Thanks

tldr

Re: Anyone know where to get the micro USB and hdmi adapters from?

Post by tldr »

headsling

Post by headsling »

I must be blind - searched all over for these. The picture of one of the cables is male - male but ill give em a go anyway.

Many thanks

tldr

Post by tldr »

headsling wrote:The picture of one of the cables is male - male
that's actually an unshrouded female b connector at one end of the cable.

amdrake

Post by amdrake »

There is a nice online writeup of connecting a lapdock to many devices, including a RasPi at:
http://www.robpol86.com/index.php/Atrix ... Other_Uses

The author includes a list of what cables and adapters he used for each setup, and from where he got them. There are other references online about using a lapdock with a RasPi. I suggest you do a web search with keywords "Motorola lapdock".

There is more than one combination of cables and adapters that will suffice. Of all the combinations I saw, no one had been able to avoid ordering from China/Hong Kong. Anything from there takes a long time to ship (maybe 3 weeks), but they are fairly cheap.

The cables mentioned earlier in this thread are insufficient by themselves. Note that the HDMI cable has male micro connectors on both ends. You need to end up with a female micro HDMI connected to a male full-size HDMI. The other cable has one appropriate end, the female micro USB. The other end needs to be a male full-size USB, so an adapter would need to be aded. All of the solutions I saw online required a combination cable and an adapter for both the HDMI and the USB; so a minimum of four pieces. I'm still waiting for my China order!

--Tony

headsling

Post by headsling »

What a great write up that site has - thanks for that.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”