Q. about your HDMI to VGA+sound adapter - DDC to/from VGA monitor?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
andrum99

Q. about your HDMI to VGA+sound adapter - DDC to/from VGA monitor?

Post by andrum99 »

I have two questions about Adafruit's HDMI to VGA+audio adapter that I cannot find the answer to online. Apologies if this is not the correct place to ask this.

Firstly, does it allow the Pi to communicate with a connected VGA monitor via the Display Data Channel? (I have Farnell's Pi View at the moment and it works flawlessly, so I'm hoping for the same from your product, with the addition of sound).

Secondly, is the sound quality any good?

Thanks

Andrew.

adafruit

Re: Q. about your HDMI to VGA+sound adapter - DDC to/from VGA monitor?

Post by adafruit »

From what we can tell, the sound quality is better than the audio from the headphone jack but its not 'audiophile' if you know what we mean :)

Don't know anything about the DDC, it -probably- does but we don't know how to test it. Do you know how we could tell?

andrum99

Re: Q. about your HDMI to VGA+sound adapter - DDC to/from VGA monitor?

Post by andrum99 »

DDC is what makes the monitor plug and play work. If the Pi is able to see the EDID data from a connected VGA monitor then DDC must be working. To be 100% certain the EDID data comes from the monitor and not the converter itself check what display name is returned in the EDID data - it should be the make and model of the monitor.

Thanks

Andrew.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”