Miniature Wireless USB Keyboard with Touchpad Not Working

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
halb

Miniature Wireless USB Keyboard with Touchpad Not Working

Post by halb »

I recently purchased the Miniature Wireless USB Keyboard with Touchpad and it worked well for a few days. It was perfect on the pi! However it refuses to work now. It just stopped working for no reason. The keyboard has a charge, and the USB connector loads properly, but they won't communicate.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Miniature Wireless USB Keyboard with Touchpad Not Working

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Do you have anything else plugged into USB, or otherwise connected to the Pi?
If so, try the keyboard with nothing else plugged in.

halb

Post by halb »

Yes. I tried the keyboard alone on different pi's and on my laptop. In windows, it would recognize that it was plugged in, but the keyboard would not work. The laser and LEDs are working on the keyboard, so it isn't a power issue either.

adafruit_support_rick

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread and ask for a replacement

roger

Re: Miniature Wireless USB Keyboard with Touchpad Not Workin

Post by roger »

I'm experiencing the same issue right out of the box. I tried it with several different machines (Mac, Windows, Pi). The receiver dongle appears to be correctly identified as a HID keyboard and mouse, but it does not seem to receive anything from the keyboard. It's fully charged, the status LEDs all appear to be doing what is expected (e.g. the transmission LED flickers when a key is pressed or when the touchpad is touched), but nothing is happening on the receiving end.

adafruit_support_rick

@roger: Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread and ask for a replacement

Netlazer

Post by Netlazer »

I bought this keyboard and tried to use it and there is absolutely no communications between the keyboard and the receiver. Everything looks fine (Power, RF LED, Laser Pointer, etc). Tried to follow instructions for changing channels with no luck. Disconnected all connected devices and still no luck. Plugged directly into USB with charging cable no luck. It just will not communicate. :(

adafruit_support_rick

@netlazer: Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread and ask for a replacement

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”