Adustable Pi Camera Mount

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
thogue

Adustable Pi Camera Mount

Post by thogue »

Just received this...

Despite my better judgement, I attempted to assemble this even though, all 5 plastic nut/bolt combos seems VERY difficult to put together.

Using tools as I simply could not grip with enough power to thread these bolts..... this resulted in C12 now missing from my Camera. Anyways, hope no one else breaks their camera :-/ I can probably fix if I find C12 and or figure out what it is.

I attempted to use utmost caution.... just wanted to finally use the camera.

Thanks,

Thogue

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Adustable Pi Camera Mount

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Re-seat the cables in both connectors.. both on the RasPi and the camera module. It's possible that they moved a bit while you were trying to mount the device.

Totalslaughter

Post by Totalslaughter »

Tried to connect the two main pieces together and one side of the bottom piece snapped off. Was trying to be careful and was not pushing very hard at all, the plastic or acrylic, whatever it is that was used seems very brittle, snapped way too easily.

adafruit_support_mike

Post a photo of the broken pieces, please.

msousa

Post by msousa »

Hi

I've had the same issue as @Totalslaughter but unfortunately with two brackets. I ordered two thinking they were inexpensive and I might need as extra. I tried one, it broke right away. I thought I was being two aggresive with it, so I've super glued it and then tried the other one. It too, broken almost immediately. I'm posting a pic of this one...
pic of one of my broken pi camera brackets
pic of one of my broken pi camera brackets
broken_camera_bracket.jpg (66.09 KiB) Viewed 289 times

adafruit_support_mike

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and we'll get you a couple of replacements.

msousa

Post by msousa »

adafruit_support_mike wrote:Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and we'll get you a couple of replacements.
Thanks adafruit_support_mike.

If you could point me to some instructions as to how to properly assemble these things, that would be appreciated also.

adafruit_support_mike

Talk to the folks in support about that. It may be a case where you've done things correctly and the plastic had some weak points.

msousa

Post by msousa »

adafruit_support_mike wrote:Talk to the folks in support about that. It may be a case where you've done things correctly and the plastic had some weak points.
Thanks adafruit_support_mike. The weak point may be true, but is there a certain technique to properly assemble these things?

Thanks...

adafruit_support_mike

As far as I know, it's just "line up the notches with the sprung tabs and snap in place."

msousa

Post by msousa »

It would be handy if there were a quick video showing this.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”